Keep Your Jewelry Sparkling With These Expert Jewelry Care Tips
If you are someone who wears jewelry on a daily basis, you want to be able to wear those pieces for a long time. In order to do this, you need to take care of them. Over time, jewelry can start to lose the sparkle and might not look at fancy as it once did. To avoid having your favorite piece of jewelry do this, use the following tips to care for all of your jewelry.
1. Don't Use Chemicals to Clean Jewelry - You don't want to use any types of chemicals to keep your jewelry clean. While it might look cleaner at first, the chemicals can slowly eat away at the material the jewelry is made out of, making it lose its shine. Even washing your hands with your jewelry on can do this so try to remember to remove it before you do any hand washing.
2. Keep Jewelry Away From The Sun - Did you know that the sun can make color fade in gemstones? It can also bleach pearls. You probably already have a jewelry box. If you don't, make sure you are storing all of your jewelry in a box that closes so the sun can not fade it.
3. Check For Loose Stones - Every so often you should check the setting of the stones on your jewelry. If any of them seem loose, you should have that piece fixed right away. If you don't have time to get it fixed right away, be sure to put it up and do not wear it until it is fixed. You don't want to lose the stone due to a loose setting.
4. Use Mild Soap And Water Only - If you don't know what type of soap to use to clean your jewelry, ask a jeweler for their best suggestions. You can use a small dish of water and soap and use a toothbrush to scrub any particularly dirty areas.
5. Put Your Jewelry on Last - To avoid catching it on clothing while getting dressed, put your jewelry on only after you have gotten dressed. By doing this, you will make sure that your jewelry won't get broken while you are getting dressed.
6. Take Your Jewelry Off When Using Your Hands - Any time you use lotion or soap, remove your jewelry first. You should even take it off before getting in the shower. If you are going to be doing yard work or any type of work where your hands are going to get dirty, take your jewelry off to prevent it from getting damaged.
By using these tips, you can make sure your jewelry will stay in pristine shape for many years to come.
- Breitling Watches
- Cartier Jewelry
- chanel watches
- hublot watches miami
- IWC Watches
- Men's Jewelry
- Men's Watches
- Michael Kors
- Panerai Watches Miami
- Raymond Weil
- Rolex Watches
- TW Steel
- Uno de 50
- Women's Jewelry
- Women's Watches